Dry Rot in Barnsley
How does Dry Rot spread?
Airborne spores naturally present in the air, land on damp timber where they will begin to germinate. If left to continue, white fungal growth will appear and strands will begin to form which will spread using the moisture and wood as their food source. A pancake shaped fruiting body will form and eventually explode, producing a mass of rust red airborne spores which will settle on timbers and so beginning the process again. More information can be found here.
How do you treat Dry Rot?
Our surveyors will look for the cause of the outbreak, investigating where the damp conditions are coming from and will recommend and ensure the accurate treatment procedures are applied. They will evaluate for all possible contributing factors and problems as a result; reasons for the damp conditions, water ingress points, condensation, ventilation and signs of further wood rot and decayed timbers. Our Inspection Reports will contain recommendations for drying timbers where necessary and specifications and estimates for replacing timbers as required to prevent the spread of dry rot in Barnsley.
Dry Rot Treatment solutions involve:
- Elimination of all points of water ingress causing the damp conditions
- Assessment for damp proofing and ventilation solutions
- Removal and replacement of rotted timbers
- Treatment of insitu and replacement timbers
- Application of the appropriate fungicidal spray, timber pastes or dual purpose fungicide
- Timber resin repairs ideal for sympathetic replacement of timbers in historical and listed buildings
- Call the specialists today for more information
All remedial works for dry rot Barnsley are recommended subject to survey from an Curedamp qualified surveyor and are carried out by our staff members directly to ensure the professional application of treatment. Our remedial works are protected by our company guarantee with third party insurance backed guarantees also available.
Contact us for help and advice
dry rot in barnsley
If you are concerned about Dry Rot in Barnsley or other forms of damp affecting your property, please contact our specialist team for further help and advice.